Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Workplace Prayer

To be completely honest, I struggle A LOT in the workplace. My job has me serving multiple buildings and multiple personalities and people. Many times I become the "in-between" person. I don't have the power to make final decisions and usually just carry out what I'm told to do and most often I only hear the complaining of said decisions. 

Because of the big changes in my job this year and not having as much time off in the summer as I usually do, I've been reflecting on my attitude about the coming year and know I need to adjust my thinking. 

I pray a lot to not take things personally. I pray to focus on what I CAN do instead of what I can't. I pray to be respectful of leadership and their decisions even if I don't agree with them and to be patient with those around me. 

The new year hasn't even started and I feel more stressed than ever that I won't be able to fulfill everything that needs to be done. I've had to come up with small boundaries in order to maintain time with my family on my days off so I don't get caught up in the stress when I'm off the clock. 

I searched for a prayer that might work for me and came up empty, so I decided to come up with my own. I thought I would share it just in case I'm not alone. :) 



Dear Lord,

Help me to work for you & to respect authority around me. 
Nudge me to live each day full of honesty & integrity. 
Guide me when faced with trials & tests at my workplace. 
Show me opportunities to bless others & to let YOUR light shine through me. 
Overwhelm my spirit & soul with grace and love for my co-workers. 
Remind me to have an attitude of gratitude & to display patience for others. 
Lead me to opportunities to use the gifts & talents you've given me to serve You. 
I rest daily in the faith I have in You and in the borderless love You have for me. 

Amen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment