Sunday, April 8, 2012

3 for 3

I am not the best writer, blogger or media promoter. I've never claimed to be. I know that no matter what I choose, if I put myself out there, I'm going to be subject to criticism. 


In the past year, I've come to find out several "friends" have anonymously (or not so much) voiced their opinion on my writing ability. Others have "deleted" me out of their life because I am "too positive." I also found myself in a situation where I stood my ground to a family member about my way of thinking and living. The gratitude practice is not for everyone, but gratitude can lift everyone higher if they choose. 


I'm not a stranger to criticism. I've lived a lot of my life being criticized or put down. I've come to believe that's much of the reason I live with an attitude of gratitude. 


I believe what I believe and have stopped caring what people thought about me. There's that saying that goes something like this, "I'd rather be hated for what I am...." 


My path is my path and that's all I need to focus on. 


So, if people want to criticize me for my writing or my story or the fact that I feel compelled to tell it, so be it. 


If anything, this day, Easter Day, has taught me that being condemned, mocked, and beaten down while doing what you know to be the right thing, has a much greater and powerful outcome than just following the crowd. Doing what you know is right can change your life.

________

Tuesday evening I felt like I needed to sit down and watch The Passion of the Christ again. I've seen it only once before and even then it was hard to watch. 


So with my new Apple TV and my hubby at my side, I bought the digital version. 


Watching was an intense experience just as I remembered it years before. This time, though, one part kept replaying in mind


He said he would destroy the temple and rebuild it in 3 days.  

He said he would destroy the temple and rebuild it in 3 days.  
He said he would destroy the temple and rebuild it in 3 days.  

The number 3. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. 3 days from the time he was tortured and put on the cross to the day he ROSE. 

Then, I started thinking to my own story.  I was adopted at 3 days old.  

I cannot tell you why I just now started thinking about all of this. I do not know why it's never occurred to me the importance of the number 3 in my own life. 

Last week, in 3 days I had 3 messages of prayer for me. Specific messages of favor on my life, for doors to open for me and for anything else I thought required prayer.  

I am humbled in the way that He uses all people, even the temple leaders,  to carry out His will. 
________
And so, as Easter 2012 comes to an end, I wanted to do something to remind people that they DO have hope. There IS hope even in your darkest days. 

3 for 3 #gratitudes is a 21 day journey for people who want/need to be reminded of all that they have in their lives. 

If you lost everything tomorrow, would you still have hope? No? Then this journey is for you. 

Do those negative voices talk to you all day and win every single conversation you have? Yes? Then this journey is for you. 

Do you want to teach your children and loved ones the gift of gratitude as many of you have learned with the 40 Days of Thankfulness Challenge or 365 Days of Gratitude? Yes? Then this journey is for you. 

Take a moment for the next 21 days and jot down 3 things you are grateful for. Post these on our wall, the event wall, your twitter feed, your facebook status, your own personal journal/diary, or an app like Day One Journal

It doesn't matter WHERE. It only matters that you DO! 

Like our Facebook page and 


"Give thanks in all circumstances." 

No comments:

Post a Comment